Lake Martin Voice Realty
Here’s a quick update to give you the latest news on the Castaway Island Paddle Board race to be held on Saturday, June 30, at Anchor Bay Marina, Lake Martin, Alabama.
With only four days until the race, we are really excited about it. Here are three important points:
- Already signed up? Bring your own PFD, board, and paddle! Come at 9 AM to check in and complete registration. Be sure to bring a life vest, the Marine Patrol is requiring it.
- If you have not pre registered yet – CLICK HERE to do it. We are giving away special prizes to early bird registers and there are still spots left.
- Not racing, just watching? CLICK HERE to sign up anyway. We would love to know that you are coming to watch, and we are giving away prizes to non-racers, also.
Castaway Island Paddle Board Race Details:
When: racing starts at 10:00 AM on June 30, 2012 (registration starts at 8:30 AM). If you have pre-registered, please come at 9 AM to check in and pick up your race packet. You will want to get there early, there are some pretty cool freebies for you.
Where: Anchor Bay Marina - Lake Martin, 2001 Castaway Island Road, Eclectic, AL 36024
Cost: FREE!! (contrary to the ad in Lake Magazine, we worked it out so there’s no charge!)
Registration: 3 ways:
- CLICK HERE to fill out an online form, or
- Go by Anchor Bay Marina or Lake Martin Dock Company
- Walk up at 8:30 on race day, fill out a form or print this one and bring it before race time
Course: We will start on the sandy beach and paddle in a 1/3 mile triangle towards Kowaliga Bay and back.
Distance: This will depend on who signs up, but we are planning to do two races: a 1/3 mile Sprint Race and a 1 mile Race.
What To Bring: Bring your own paddle board (any type or size), paddle, PFD (aka life jacket, required by AL Marine Police), hydration, and any other water safety gear that you need.
Spectators: They have cleared out the point going out to the big water, so if you plan to just watch, register anyway, let us know you’re coming, and bring some chairs and refreshments and hang out to cheer!
After Party: Everyone is invited back to Harbor Docks Grill for the after race party. It’s all within easy walking distance of Anchor Bay Marina and the race site.
Parking: Signs will be up race day, but there will be more room to park if you come by car. We’d love you to come by boat, too, but there is a limited amount of boat slips available. If you come by car, drive down to the Anchor Bay store to drop off your board and sign up. There will be some room to park out on the point, and also room to park back up on the hill behind the restaurant, right by the Anchor Bay sign.
Sponsors: Lake Martin Dock Company, Anchor Bay Marina, Harbor Docks Restaurant, Benton’s Grading and Paving, and little ole us: Lake Martin Voice Realty, have all pitched in to make this a free event.
Photos: we are very pleased to have Lake Martin Event Pics there to take pictures of all of the racing action. Photographer Mike McKay has sponsored the trophies. Mike is a really nice guy and is a talented photographer. If you have spent any time on the water this summer, you probably have seen his boat. Check his website to see if he has a shot of you on your boat!
For more information about the race, see this post.