Lake Martin Voice Realty
We at Lake Martin Voice Realty would like to thank our readers and viewers for a huge milestone in our marketing of Lake Martin waterfront real estate.
Over the summer, as we were in the thick of showing property and enjoying the lake, we missed the fact that we passed 100,000 views on our Lake Martin Voice YouTube Channel. Since then, we have had several thousand more views on all our videos, and we currently sit at about 112,000 video views on YouTube alone.
We sort of hesitate to mention this because it can so easily resembles boasting. If there’s one thing that we don’t like about the real estate industry, it’s the tireless self promotion of those who somehow think that buying or selling a home, at Lake Martin or somewhere else, is about them. It’s not. It’s about you.
We do mention it as thanks to our readers and viewers and people who have allowed us to help them over the years. Let us not boast in anything but the Lord who has allowed us to do all things.
That being said, and while you listen to another John C play a classic, here are some points to ponder:
- YouTube is big, but not the only way we market Lake Martin real estate by video. We also post videos on WellcomeMat also in the MLS, so in the big marketing picture, the total impact is really greater than that. WellcomeMat is a better host for real estate video, anyway.
- Total channel views are calculated by adding all of the views of all of one’s public videos (at this writing we have 236). We also have private video tours whose views I do not believe count in this number. For more information about our private video tours, click here.
- Just for perspective, the last time I looked, our total video views are about 10 times that of every other Lake Martin agent combined. Also for more perspective, Coldwell Banker’s national channel has about 4.2 million views with 83,000 agents. That is 50 per agent. We have two agents, at about 55,000 views per agent. I repeat, I am not into numbers for numbers sake. I am much more concerned about helping my sellers and buyers.
- As I said above, any eye popping numbers just mean that we are in debt to our readers and viewers. It further convinces me of our overall marketing strategy: keep attention focused on our properties and Lake Martin. Not us. No one comes to Lake Martin and buys an agent, or even a team of agents. They buy Lake Martin. They buy a home or a place to build a home.
OK, you might say. Then why is it a milestone? Does having a high number of views help my customers, and if so, how?
Yes it does:
- The YouTube search engine is #2 most frequently used search engine on the web. It’s behind only Google, which owns YouTube. Which means….
- Google search loves YouTube videos. It ranks them highly and even gives thumbnail images to entice you to view them. It digs down into the keywords that are used to describe each video, which is precisely why we are so careful to accurately describe ours.
- The higher you are viewed for a subject matter, the better your search results. You are seen as a relevant source of news and info for the keywords present in your videos. Obviously, I am going for big keywords like “lake martin” and “waterfront” but also we like to kick tail in the long tail searches like “young’s island” and “parker creek.”
- This is why I can make a video on a Tuesday and it be tops on a Google search the next day. This helps my videos get found, and getting found is the first and biggest step in internet marketing these days. The hardest part is stepping through the noise. That is why if you FSBO your house and make an awesome video, you more than likely will not get found by the typical searcher, who does not venture past the second page of results on a web search. It can be (and likely will be) more artistic, better shot, edited, and better done overall. But it won’t get found because I am louder than you are.