Lake Martin Voice Realty
Sea Ray and Russell Marine are once again bringing Aquapalooza to Lake Martin, Alabama, – on July 23, 2011.
Aquapalooza is a free, on the water concert that you can boat up, anchor, and go dance by the stage. It is tons of fun, and, in my opinion, becoming the 4th big lake holiday behind Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
In 2011, the headliner is Sawyer Brown. Here’s the full lineup:
Lake Martin Aquapalooza 2011 Lineup
Lake Martin Aquapalooza 2011 Schedule
11 AM – 7 PM on July 23, 2011.
Memo to all you fast timers – we’re on Central Time.
Lake Martin Aquapalooza 2011 Setup Tips
The prior years of fun have given us all some valuable experience. I shot a quick video below to go over some tips for Aquapalooza on Lake Martin.
Here are some more Lake Martin Aquapalooza 2011 tips:
- Have a sober driver and sober spotter – I say this in the video but it’s worth repeating. The driver will need someone at the front of the boat that is looking out for other boats, swimmers, kayakers, etc.
- Obey all Alabama laws – if you’re coming from out of state, study up.
- Idle speed only – west of Kowaliga Bridge is idle speed only until you get to Governor’s Island. The surest way to get pulled over by the AL Marine Police is to be above idle in this zone. Make even the smallest wake and they will hammer down on you. Quite frankly, you deserve it.
- If you anchor up, use an anchor line – so many times I see folks throwing out their brand new mushroom anchor that is tied to ski rope. Bad idea. It may be easy going down, but at the end of the day when you are hauling in 75 feet of it, and it’s slick, that thin ski rope will burn your hands.
- If you swim to the stage, use a PFD – it looks like a short swim, but trust me, you will get tired. Swim with a life vest on your person.
- Bring twice as many boat bumpers than you think you will need – even if you only use 2 to attach to your pier, you will need a bunch more when your friends (old and new) sidle up to you and anchor with you.
- Buy all your provisions locally – OK, so I’m a big believer in supporting the Lake Martin locals, yes. But on the practical side, I can tell you that the local C Stores will have plenty of ice, snacks, and beverages. It’s the same price as your hometown’s. Unless you just like to load a cooler 2 days in advance, the smart move is to get it in theater.
- Take plenty of pics and video – you won’t believe how much fun it is to look at them later. Local Lake Martin photographer Kenneth Boone usually has the best ones on his SmugMug account here.
- Tweet it out – if you’re on Lake Martin and hip to twitter, use hashtags of #lakemartin and #aquapalooza and @SeaRayBoat
- Check in on FourSquare – there’s a musical event set up on Foursquare – Aquapalooza on Lake Martin
Homes For Sale On Lake Martin Near Aquapalooza 2011
Do you have some time to kill, and maybe would like to cruise by some waterfront homes that are for sale near Lake Martin’s Aquapalooza site at Kowaliga Marina?
Click on the Request List link below:
You will be asked for your name and email, and then you will be emailed two lists we have compiled of waterfront homes for sale on Lake Martin right now. One list is east of Kowaliga Bridge, the other is west of it. This list is from the Lake Martin Area Realtors’ MLS, so it’s any brokerage’s listings, not just mine. Also, don’t worry, we DO NOT SELL, GIVEAWAY, or otherwise distribute your info.
Have a fun and save Aquapalooza 2011 on Lake Martin!