When does the Water Level go down on Lake Martin?January 30, 2007
Jazz Fest 2007 at the Lake Martin AmphitheaterFebruary 7, 2007
Psssst .. There are 4 new construction projects on Lake Martin that might be news to you. Everyone loves a juicy piece of gossip, and the only thing growing faster than the Lake Martin real estate market is the grapevine that spreads the news about it. Are any of the new construction projects below going to be near your lake place, or the one you plan to buy?
- 1. The Bluffs at Copper Creek
- Location – Off of Centerport Road and Highway 50
- Concept – Condominiums
- Density – 8 buildings – 3 stories each, 10 units per building or 80 total
- Price Range – looks like the first phase is $341,000 to $431,000
- Available – First buildings to be ready by “late Summer 07
- Lowdown – This is on the Cooper Branch of Blue Creek. How they got from Cooper to Copper I do not know. Maybe there is a Copper Creek in Cooper Branch. They’re still working out details such as boat slips and amenities.
- Location – Near Nero’s Rock Road off of Elmore County Road 80 and Highway 63
- Concept – turn key homes, community waterfront
- Density – there are 93 lots for sale on the master plan
- Price Range – 4 different house plans from $289,900 – $319,900
- Available – taking reservations, no construction is apparent right now
- Lowdown – 93 homes on about 12 acres (per tax map). None of them will own waterfront. There will be a zone along the shoreline that apparently will be owned by the Homeowners’ Association. The 8 planned docks will be community property as well.
3. Crowne Pointe
- Location – Take Highway 50 to Centerport Road to Silverhill Road, all the way at the end of the peninsula
- Concept – Condominiums
- Density – 5 buildings, 3 stories each, 18 units per building or 90 total
- Price Range – resales are priced from $375,000 to $610,000
- Available – all 5 buildings still under construction, buildings 1 & 2 – Spring 2007, 17 for sale on MLS now (you can search it by clicking “MLS Listing Search” on the right margin, no strings attached)
- Lowdown – These units were the priciest until the Ledges at the Ridge and The Pointe in Stillwaters. They took a long time to get going, but they’re closing in on being ready. Big water views abound.
4. Bolton Cove
- Location – Take Highway 9 to Highway 259 to Coosa County Road 20
- Concept – 25 Tuscan villas based around and sharing a Manor, pool, beach, and various concierge services
- Density – 25 home sites
- Price Range – according to the website $700,000 to over $1 million
- Available – taking reservations, construction is not apparent right now
- Lowdown – I guess if the Maestro has Tuscany locked down, Jerry Seinfeld can get a villa here on Lake Martin
Click here for Bolton Cove Update
Do you see any corrections that I need to make? What about construction updates? Has anyone heard of any other new developments? Break the news here by writing a comment below.