Those interested in waterfront foreclosure homes or lots for sale on Lake Martin, Alabama, should take note of an interesting development.
The Lake Martin Area Association of Realtors’ MLS has made a new rule that any waterfront foreclosure home, lot, or condo should be designated as a foreclosure by selecting “Yes” in a new field of input in the MLS called “Foreclosure.”
Click here –> to request the Lake Martin Foreclosure List
1. What is a “field” in the Lake Martin MLS? A field is just an area of input. List price is a field. Number of bedrooms is a field. Number of baths is a field, etc. Now, Foreclosure is its own field, with the only possible answers being Yes / No.
2. So what? Why should I care that Foreclosure has its own field? Anything that has its own field can be searched easily and accurately. An easy search that yields good results is a good thing. Just ask Google. This will allow you, if you like, to view only waterfront foreclosures by searching in the MLS and looking for 3 criteria: 1. Status = Active, 2. Waterfront = Yes, 3. Foreclosure = Yes. This is how I search now instead of combing through each new listing and looking at the seller’s name.
3. How does this affect Lake Martin Voice’s foreclosure list? I have switched the search results now to show any waterfront homes or lots for sale that have Yes in the Foreclosure field. So – if you have requested my foreclosure list in the past – THERE IS NO NEED TO RE REQUEST IT. Just go to that same web address I gave you before. It will still work.
4. Are the same homes and lots that were on the old foreclosure list, now showing up on the new list? Mostly. There are a few lots on the old foreclosure list that the listing agents have not properly changed that field. But it’s mostly accurate. Obviously, any MLS is only as good as the agents that use it, so it is still possible for a listing agent to enter a new home for sale and accidentally click “No” in the Foreclosure field. But it’s not very probable.
5. How often is your Lake Martin waterfront foreclosure list updated? Whenever any realtor enters a new listing, or changes an old one, my new list is updated almost instantly. That is the beauty of a field driven search list versus the old list where it depended on me going in there and designating each waterfront foreclosure by hand. Again, if you have requested this list before, THERE IS NO NEED TO RE REQUEST IT. Just go to that same web address I gave you before. It will still work.
6. If it is so easy to search for waterfront foreclosures on Lake Martin now, why do I need you or your stinking list? Well, since you put it like that – you don’t. You can search for yourself as described in #2 above. Of course, I don’t need a trout fishing guide. I know how to get to the river. I know how to cast. Sorry guides don’t help me at all. But great guides – well, I hire them because they teach me. They tell me which fly is working today, and the 90% of the water I can skip to get to the 10% that’s the best. When it comes to my own deal, I haven’t set my business up to tell that tired old real estate tale that we agents guard this secret treasure of info. That is so pre 2002. Hogwash. Information is out there and free. You don’t need me for mere raw data. You can search here in the Lake Martin MLS and call me with your whittled down list and I can advise you then. Or you can contact me through this form or call me at 334-221-5862 and I can save you the trouble. Either way, I aim to more than earn my keep.
7. How can I request to see Lake Martin waterfront foreclosure list?
Fill out THIS FORECLOSURE REQUEST FORM. Feel free to comment on this post, but please note that COMMENTING ON THIS POST DOESN’T GET YOU THE LIST. You must fill out THIS FORM. Thanks. Again, if you have requested this list before, THERE IS NO NEED TO RE REQUEST IT. Just go to that same web address I gave you before. It will still work.
8. Where is the entire list? I requested and received your list, but there are not many on there. Joe Biden, Matt Lauer, AND Ryan Seacrest all told me that every home for sale in America is a foreclosure and costs 10 cents. What gives? Despite the collective economic wisdom of those guys, there are some areas that are NOT still being rocked by foreclosures. Lake Martin is one of them. We are averaging about 5% of waterfront homes for sale being foreclosures, not 30% like in other markets.
Please stay tuned to this blog for later posts where I will try to make some how to videos to help you search. In the meantime, please call me at 334-221-5862 if I may help.