Lake Martin Voice Realty
The Alabama Bloggers must be at the beach for the summer, because we only got 3 submissions this week. Kudos to those who checked in with the office to get it done.
Sniper One has been busy – two submissions in one week. I guess his spotter is helping him reload quickly. In his first post, Sniper One presents Pakistan Honors Osama In Response To Rushdie Knighthood posted at “7.62mm Justice” . As always, he pulls no punches.
His second post is entitled “Jimmy Peanut: Stop Supporting Fatah over Hamas. Alas, I cannot supply a link here because he gets a little blue. You can read it at “7.62mm Justice” . I understand and recognize the Sniper’s free speech rights, but the Voice has language restrictions a tad more modest than the barracks or gun range. But, an interesting article at any rate.
Moving on, Nicki presents Red Cross puts social networking and online tools to good use posted at The Birthplace of the Process of Illogical Logic. I have never read her blog before this, and I welcome her to the blogosphere.
Next week – click here to see who the next host of the Alabama Bloggers Carnival will be.
Here are some great websites for the Lake Martin area that you may find useful:
LakeMartin.com– a great site for what’s going on now.
1. Cable TV / Cable Access Internet
- Charter serves Tallapoosa County
- ComLink Inc serves Elmore County by Kowaliga 800-722-2805
2. Land Line Phone / DSL Internet
- Windstream serves the Eclectic and Kowaliga Areas
- BellSouth (soon to be AT&T) serves pretty much everywhere else
3. Power – Alabama Power serves everything (Hey – what’s the use of building Lake Martin if you can’t serve all of the power to the area?)
4. Water –
- Tallapoosa County
Dadeville – City of Dadeville
Alexander City – City of Alexander City
Walnut Hill – Tallapoosa County other than above – 256-825-9841
- Elmore County – Central Elmore Water Authority – 334-567-6814
- Coosa County 256-234-4784
5. Trash / Waste Removal